Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

We Go Together Like Ramalamalamakadingadadingadong


A.k.a my Last Tournament of the Year Post

The Corpus Christi Curtain Call is officially the last tournament of the year before NITOC. Thankfully, I have one more year before I graduate, so its not my last tournament ever. For some it is. And one year from now, I'll be graduating, too.

I've been thinking a lot about that lately. That for everybody there's going to come a time we have to move on from something we've fallen in love with. I think I can handle that. Its the idea of being separated from my friends that kills me.

The title of this post is a tribute to everybody's favorite Grease song that nobody can properly remember the lyrics to. It also accurately describes my friends and I.

I have friends in Texas, California, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Colorado, and everywhere else because of speech and debate. But, especially, I have my best friends of all, which happen to be my club members.

We've worked together, competed with and against each other, gone to prom together, traveled across the US together, cried and laughed together, and pulled stupid pranks in a Sonic parking lot together.

If you came to this post looking for enlightenment or advice, wrong post. Because I'm completely at a loss.

However, if there's one thing I know, we go together like the lyrics of We Go Together. Speech and debate brings great people together, and once you take that away, we stay together. Because that's what friends do.

See you guys at Nationals!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment