Search This Blog

Friday, September 5, 2014

Guess What Time It Is? STRESS TIME.


Guess what? It's...

DUN DUN DUN

OFFICIAL PRE-SEASON.

I started student coaching today, and let me tell you, it was fun.I am also exhausted. I'm ready to settle down for the weekend and blaaaaah the whole time.

Nevermind I should actually attempt editing and, oh, I don't know, memorizing my DI. Or print my cases. Or find new quotes for intros. Research for extemp. Do some leftover schoolwork. But I can't. Because I have schedules and lesson plans to plan for next week. Not to mention I've got to call my partner about Parli tomorrow (which will actually be quite fun), call my best friend on Sunday (also fun), not to mention I might have a friend come down from out of town on Sunday, too. And a football game tomorrow.

I joke about being really extroverted all the time and how I love being busy. I score a sixty to eighty percent extroversion preference on the Myers Briggs typology test. In fact I just finished nodding and laughing at this list of 20 things about extroverts.

However, I'm kind of worn out.

I love school. I'm taking gov and Classic American Lit this year. That's super awesome to a future Literature major. I love people. My friends are everything to me. I love speech and debate. I even write a blog about it, for goodness sake.

We all have those moments, though, when we get worn down. We watch that pile of things to do get bigger and bigger. The sticky notes are flying and the printer's broke an you just want to scream WHY. WHY ME. WHY DO I FEEL LIKE BREAKING.

Why do we feel like breaking?

Because we are human. Because we are breathing creatures who want to revel in God's glory all the time, like we are meant to, one day in heaven.

Right now we are worn.

What we have to do is hold onto those moments the remind us Who we are living for.

When I walk into church and hear the chatter of voices and light streams through stained glass windows onto the cross.
When I run into one of my best friends I haven't seen in four plus months for a quick few minutes after drama class and he pokes fun at me and I listen to him laugh rather than 'lol's on a little bright screen.
When I try out for a solo with my besties even though I can't sing to save my life...just for the heck of it.
When my baby brother smiles at me, holds out a toy, and says "Edaphant!"

Then everything else....it just kind of melts away.
Because in them, I am reminded of God's glory. I might not be able to handle all my problems. But He can.





No comments:

Post a Comment